2022.01.22 00:06 Chelsea265 W/f/l
|submitted by Chelsea265 to AdoptMeTrading [link] [comments]|
2022.01.22 00:06 lakaladal How do I deal with the fact that I broke someone’s heart? Did I do something wrong here? Did I lie about being single? Am I a rapist?
Ironically, this happened as a result of me falling over myself doing everything I could to try not to hurt him.
For context, I met a guy (“Mike”) a few months ago, and initially I was looking solely for a friends with benefits relationship with him, but after we had sex one time, we started to develop an emotional bond, and I really wasn’t comfortable with the idea of having sex with someone I felt this kind of attachment to. We decided to keep in contact with each other, and for two months, we haven’t had sex, and for one month, we haven’t even kissed. The most physical we get with one another is cuddling, and we haven’t promised any sort of exclusivity with one another; we aren’t dating.
I met another guy (“Rob”) about a month ago, who told me he was looking for “anything”. I told him I was looking for more of a friend with benefits situation, and he said he was okay with it, as long as I was single. At that time, that wasn’t even a question in my mind. The first time I met up with him, we made out, but we didn’t have sex. I didn’t particularly want to go back to Rob, but when he said he wanted to see me again, I obliged because I was afraid of saying no (not his fault, but due to sexual trauma, it’s difficult for me to turn this type of thing down).
We met the second time and although I didn’t particularly want to, we had sex (I said yes the whole time, I was lying, but again, I just wanted to get it over with). Afterwards, we discussed our sexual histories a little bit, and I mentioned in passing having another FWB. He said “wait, you have another FWB?” and I said “yeah, is that okay with you?” to which he responded “well, I’d rather be the only person you’re sleeping with, but I don’t think that’s something I can ask of you at this point.” I explained to him that this FWB and I had only had sex once, and that sometimes we cuddle with each other and kiss (we only cuddled at that point, but I was hoping the kissing bit would turn Rob off of me a bit). I apologized and asked if he felt like I lied to him about being single, and he said “I don’t, it sounds like you’re single to me. I just didn’t want to be anyone’s side piece or help anyone cheat”.
Even with this clarification, I ruminated over it, wondering if he secretly did feel lied to, or if I had done something to violate his consent. I went back one more time, we didn’t have sex. At one point during that meeting he said “I wouldn’t mind having you all to myself”, and I realized that he really was looking for more than a casual relationship. I just left it at “maybe”, and that was the last time I saw him in person.
I saw Mike again for the first time since seeing Rob, and Mike and I made out. At that point, I didn’t feel like it would be morally right to continue having any kind of relationship with Rob that I didn’t even want in the first place, so I texted him a few days ago and told him I didn’t want to see him anymore. He was disappointed, I felt bad, but I left it at that.
I can’t stop thinking about what he must be feeling right now. I think I’m just going to hold off on sex in general for a little while longer because I seriously wish I hadn’t gotten myself into this situation to begin with. How do I deal with this? Did I do something wrong? Did I lie?
submitted by lakaladal to Advice [link] [comments]
2022.01.22 00:06 BuiKhaKhanh Os animais mais engraçados 2022 - Os cães e gatos mais engraçados - Comp...
|submitted by BuiKhaKhanh to UnexpectedlyWholesome [link] [comments]|
2022.01.22 00:06 ChernoRose [Commission] Kiran with Lucina and his first Gold Throne by @tatsuyahiime
|submitted by ChernoRose to FireEmblemHeroes [link] [comments]|
2022.01.22 00:06 Ttran778 My '08 coupe, kicking up some fresh snow
|submitted by Ttran778 to infiniti [link] [comments]|
2022.01.22 00:06 Sbenny_Official Offline Tap Tap cartoonist - Cartoon999 (VIP)
2022.01.22 00:06 jessicalovette Cannabis save lives 😇 f29
|submitted by jessicalovette to amihot [link] [comments]|
2022.01.22 00:06 Kinky_Loggins [US-NY][H] RAMA Kara Azure, Dolch Aviator Cable [W] PayPal, local cash
Hi everyone. Got a new board and cleaning out most of my stuff to help my wallet out lol.
Local to Brooklyn.
|RAMA Kara Azure||Lightly Used, stabs are lubed and band-aid modded. Original packaging.||$170 shipped CONUS.|
|Dolch Aviator Cable||From SwiftCables. Really wonderful but didn't fit my aesthetic anymore.||$55 shipped CONUS.|
2022.01.22 00:06 shelamaze Single Loc Extension! | Single Dread!
|submitted by shelamaze to Dreadlocks [link] [comments]|
2022.01.22 00:06 mikeakkk 08 BMW X5
I have a 08 BMW X5 4.8I that has a parasitic drain on a newer battery that I bought and the battery is about one year old. I took out the battery and charged it and put it back in and I hear a loud Humm from the right side engine without turning on the engine. Any idea what's causing this issue. also I might add my radiator is extremely loud and I found it takes alot of power so I unplugged it any tips would help.( I live in Manitoba so yeah it's winter)
submitted by mikeakkk to MechanicAdvice [link] [comments]
2022.01.22 00:06 brissy3456 Y'all. Protect your stone benches from your airfryer! Mine just cracked. Any repair tips?
I forgot to put the usual chopping board under my airfryer, and of course I put it right over the Caesarstone bench join. Cracked after 15mins. So mad at myself.. do I need to get a pro or can I fix with epoxy at home? It's only three years old. Thanks!
submitted by brissy3456 to HomeImprovement [link] [comments]
2022.01.22 00:06 Acceptable_Key_5963 Is the Lenovo Legion 5 '15 82B500K2PH still worth it in 2022?
Hello, I'm planning on buying a new gaming laptop, and I'm thinking about getting a Lenovo Legion 5 with Ryzen 7 4800H and GeForce 1650, is it still worth buying in 2022?
submitted by Acceptable_Key_5963 to laptops [link] [comments]
2022.01.22 00:06 Last-Combination-169 Muse won't stand down bass tab
2022.01.22 00:06 Studio10eleven ALEA: 2 arrested, stolen vehicle recovered following pursuit off I-59 - WBRC
|submitted by Studio10eleven to ArrestsWeb [link] [comments]|
2022.01.22 00:06 Sbenny_Official A-2481 Horror Game - Paid Apk
2022.01.22 00:06 piano-man-70 Is tanking viable?
I have a party of 3 including myself and I’m going melee and if I can I want to tank for my party but I can’t find anything on tank guides so I was wondering if it’s even viable.
submitted by piano-man-70 to CalamityMod [link] [comments]
2022.01.22 00:06 SlaveEnthusiast1863 Nead Prouf Plaeese
2022.01.22 00:06 Killua3400 What historicperiod would you be gay in?
2022.01.22 00:06 Maybabii2022 [FOR HIRE] Commissions are OPEN! DM me if you're interested
2022.01.22 00:06 xpdnz Just started collecting in New Zealand
|submitted by xpdnz to HotWheels [link] [comments]|
2022.01.22 00:06 Punkpallas About The Erasure of Women's Participation in Wars and Military
As per usual, feel free to delete this if it doesn’t fit, but I have something to get off my chest. Earlier this week, a user cross-posted a meme from DankMemes on BlantantMisogyny that implied women would be upset if a war broke out and mandatory Selective Service enrollment included women. There were a lot of sexist comments under the post as well. (Surprise, surprise! Reddit sexism never fails to deliver.) This peeved me off for a number of reasons. I have a great deal to say about this- as a female veteran, historian, and feminist, so please bear with me.
So much is wrong about their interpretation of women’s contribution to warfighting efforts, the overwhelming effects of total war on women, and the general erasure of female veterans. I took multiple courses for my undergraduate degree in history about specific wars, including the Civil War and World War II. In every instance I was give the opportunity to choose my own topic, I always did my research papers on women’s contributions to warfighting and the wartime economy. Therefore, I wanted to give everyone some food for thought and ammunition the next time assholes decide to pretend women aren’t affected by war and/or we’re weak, unpatriotic cowards.
· First off, let’s talk about the effects of war on civilian women. *Wars always take place somewhere.* They ain’t being fought in space, y’all. The women who live in these locations are always the part of the population hardest hit. Why? Their fathers and husbands are always off fighting the war, so they are already running their homes and acting as the primary breadwinner. Even worse, the United Nations recognizes rape as a war crime because it happens to so many civilian women on the battlefront. It is used as an instrument of war against the other side. In addition, women are often forced into unpaid prostitution against their will to serve the predominantly male military presence.
· During wartime, women become primary breadwinners for their families. During the Civil War, women ran their family’s farms and hunted for food, including squirrels and other rodents, to survive. During World War II, women were the primary workforce and were vital to the manufacturing of munitions, aircraft, and other items needed by the military. They were vital to the manufacturing of the atomic bomb at every step, including the research side at Los Alamos. Women were often forced out of these jobs by men returning from the war, even when they wanted to stay. This is why there were so many unhappy housewives in the 1950s, which led to Betty Friedan writing “The Feminine Mystique” and the second wave of feminism.
· During WWII, women served the military and intelligence services as spies, spy handlers, and cryptographers. Many of them were captured and killed for their efforts. They were necessary to the decryption efforts surrounding Alan Turing. In fact, his closest coworker and friend was a woman. Women also served in women-only military units, like the US Navy’s WAVES. Since the Civil War, women have also been necessary to the medical services as they provided life-saving care to injured soldiers, often not far from the front lines. Who could forget the legendary Florence Nightingale?
· While the numbers are still low, women have been voluntarily joining the military service since the Korean War. (“M*A*S*H*” is a fictional television show, but it’s not entirely inaccurate in its depiction of women in the Army. Over 120,000 women served in the military during the Korean War.) Current active duty enlistment of women hovers between 16 and 20 percent for each branch of the Armed Services. Its highest in the Air Force and lowest in the Marine Corps with the Army and Navy in the middle.) Due to misogyny, women were actually barred from combat units until *2015* when Congress changed that law. Feminists were vital to the effort to get that rule overturned because it unfairly discriminated against female warfighters due to their gender. WOMEN WANT TO SERVE THEIR COUNTRY.
· This erasure of women’s military service is offensive to me and my sisters-in-arms. I did not spend 14 years, do 4 deployments, and rack up 6 years of sea time to be disrespected by assclowns who have not done ONE DAY in the military- and would not even last that. As I have said many times, I was constantly sexually harassed, excluded from social interactions due to my gender, had a tougher time getting promoted, was often ignored for duties that would have made my promotion easier (thanks to the “Good Ol’ Boy” system), and actually full-blown assaulted by my fellow Sailors several times, including by a Master Chief who was my boss and did it multiple times. My experience is not the worst by far but is indicative of a bigger problem in the military. (Rest in Power, Vanessa Guillen and LaVena Johnson.) I think women would be more willing to join the military it wasn’t so blatantly full of sexism and toxic masculinity.
· Last but not least, I want to address this crap about the United States still requiring young adult men to sign up for Selective Service. The military has been all-volunteer since at least the 1990s. Despite a ramp-up in recruitment at the beginning of the “War on Terror” (quotation marks used because we know that crap was about American imperialism and oil money), every branch of the American armed forces has enacted multiple programs to draw down on their enlistment numbers because they have too many people. I personally saw them enact two programs in the Navy during my 14 years in service. In addition, they deliberately tightened up medical screenings and physical fitness tests to find easy reasons to kick people out. As a result, the draft is an archaic relic of a time when the military was not all-volunteer. A draft was necessary during previous wars because there was not a large standing military like there is now. (Even as a veteran, I take issue with that, but that’s a whole other topic. Yeah, the toxic male penchant for aggression in involved, but…..another topic.) The likelihood in the nuclear age of total war requiring World War II levels of mobilization is highly unlikely, so it is totally unnecessary. I have read multiple journal articles and reports about this, so people better versed in strategy, political science, and military history obviously think the same as I do. There shouldn’t be a draft for anyone.
If you reached the end of this, thanks for reading. I hope I’ve armed you with some knowledge to beat down a misogynist the next time you encounter one. I hope everyone has a lovely weekend! I’ll be busy dashing through a book about the history of American unemployment to write a historical book review for a master's course due on Sunday night. Yay for procrastination! But, hey, I hope you have a better weekend than I will.
submitted by Punkpallas to TwoXChromosomes [link] [comments]
2022.01.22 00:06 Bonus1Fact [News Shorts] Biden fails to grasp basic economics: Stephen Miller ¦ Fox Business on Youtube
|submitted by Bonus1Fact to NewsShorts [link] [comments]|
2022.01.22 00:06 mcin28 Career pivot to project management
I have been working as a paralegal for 7 years and am in the process of applying to PM positions and also am taking the Google PM certification class (will probably do CAPM too). My question is if realistically speaking, can I switch into this job without taking a paycut? I am making 77k now.
I know that I have a lot of transferable skills that can work to my advantage but my concern is that no company will look at me since I have no PM experience.
Any thoughts are appreciated!!
submitted by mcin28 to jobs [link] [comments]
2022.01.22 00:06 lss_bvt_ios_13 Hello WorldHello World
2022.01.22 00:06 Sbenny_Official Freelancer Simulator 2: Premium Edition - Paid apk